Massage is a great way to deal with your body’s changes pre and post pregnancy. Each stage presents different challenges which are addressed and customized to your specific needs. After the first trimester your massage is in a side-lying or semi-reclined position for the ultimate safety and health for you and your baby. Due to extra weight and a shift in the centre of gravity, Swedish and Remedial Massage techniques can assist with the tensions and pains experienced during pregnancy.
There are many benefits of a Pregnancy Massage, some of which are listed below;
- Fight fatigue with the elimination of waste products through the lymphatic and circulatory system.
- Increased circulation and reduced stress on the heart which helps keep blood pressure in check.
- Alleviation of muscle tightness, stiffness, tension, and cramping.
- Relief from headaches, stiff neck, backaches, sciatica, edema and sore feet.
- An increase in oxygen and nutrients to the cells of mother and foetus; meaning more energy and foetus receives better nourishment.
- Stabilization of hormone levels.
- Increased flexibility of muscles.
- Relaxation and better sleep.
- Relaxation of muscles to improve rotation of breech presentation.
- Preparation and loosening of the pelvis before birth.
- An easier childbirth.
- Easier breastfeeding and better milk production due to reduction in tension.
- Faster healing during postpartum recovery.
- Realignment of pelvis after birth.
- Relief from soreness and stiffness after childbirth.
- Faster recovery after a caesarean birth.
Click here to purchase this as a Gift Card for a loved one.